Anyway I had allied with Pete with His Necrons and together our force looked something like this (sorry about the vagueness I wasn't planning on writing this all up but it was such a hoot I had to);
Destroyer Lord w/ Mindshackle Scarabs
2 Units of Warriors (10 or so each, maybe a few more)
A Unit of Immortals with Tesla
2 Units of 12 Fire Warriors
2 HYMP Broadsides
Riptide with Burstcannon and Velocity Tracker.
and our opponents had something like this;
Infantry of some kind
2 Leman Russ Demolishers!!!!
a splatter of Gaunts
so how did the game go;
I won't be doing a turn by turn thing as I didn't make notes etc but I will highlight things that were hilarious.
Early Game involved me deploying as far as possible back and letting them come to me. The Necrons got stuck in. (we were fortunate that the 2 Objectives I started holding were both Skyfire Nexus!).
What did I learn;
- Necron Destroyer Lords are Hilarious and Brilliant! Mowed through both LR Demolishers with only a little help from a Gauss Barrage against one of them.
- 12 Firewarriors with a Fireblade and a Skyfire Nexus will hurt a Flyrant when they Rapid Fire.
- Overcharged Riptide Burst Cannon will hurt hurt Flyrants too.
- I am completely unprepared for AV14 at this size of game and need to look at my Blog Wars list for this
- Rippers enjoy eating themselves (although this may have something to do with the fact that they were in reserve and brought on out of synapse range)
So what happened? We lost. Just. The Destroyer Lord mowed through 2 Russes and plenty of Infantry, while my Army dealt with Both the Flyrants (at the cost of both of my units of Fire Warriors). It was a very enjoyable and close game.
Sorry about the huge block of text for this entry but I just wanted to get this up while I could think of it! If you read this much, well done!!! I will leave you in the knowledge that Toph said that this game was "a sphincter clencher!"