Pages

Thursday 18 July 2013

Review: iCodex iTau iEmpire

Ok so my meteoric return to blogging has mostly been enabled by the selling of my soul and giving money to Apple Inc. so it seems only right that at some point I review a product that GW specifically released for the iPad. I speak, of course, of the iBook that is a Codex.



I decided to start my foray into these with the iCodex: Tau Empire because, with everything that was happening in my life at the time, the Tau somewhat passed me by. I am going to start out by saying that I am not disappointed at all by the iBook! It Fething Rocks!

For the price I am tempted to say it beats the hardbacks. They are wonderfully easy to work and the referencing is an absolutely fantastic feature. With a little getting used to I can now very quickly navigate the iBook and find anything I want very speedily.

Any piece of wargear or any weapon is easily referenced by clicking on it,bringing up a pop up box that gives you all necessary stats and rules for the applicable weapon/wargear, take a look;




My first game using the codex in a practical way won't be for a few weeks but once I actually get a game in I will definitely let you all know how it goes.

*edit* Ok so I left this entry as a draft at the end of the previous sentence. That evening I ended up having a few 500 point games using a Tau force. I was tempted to Bat-Rep them but for now I will stick to reviewing this iCodex. Simply put, absolutely brilliant! I simply kept it open on the glossary page and every time I needed to check something I just entered the first few letters in the search bar and Voila everything I ever needed! I honestly don't think I will be buying any more Hardback codices and all of mine in future will be iPurchases!!

We can only wait and see how quickly and efficiently the updates happen when GW releases FAQ's but for now I must say that I am one chuffed gamer!

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour (Unless You're Playing Me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment